Set in the heart of one of the world’s greatest wine regions, Bordeaux City Bond is a warehouse devoted entirely to the storage of fine wines and related products, exempt from all duties and taxes.
Ultra-tight security and controlled climate conditions are among the broad range of services which allow us to meet the demands of our professional clients. Bordeaux City Bond is one of the few bonded warehouses to offer an online interface which allows users to manage their accounts and operations.
- Our Story -
2009Creation of the simplified joint-stock company (Société par Actions Simplifiée - SAS) Entrepôt Vins Export, trading commercially under the name Bordeaux City Bond.Bordeaux City Bond begins to store wines from all over the world awaiting export, free of duties and taxes with no time limit on storage and optimal conditions to ensure that the wines continue to grow in quality and value.Bordeaux City Bond is the first facility of its kind in France, thanks to the involvement of the General Directorate for Customs and Indirect Taxes and the commitment of Bordeaux’s Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The warehouse aims to satisfy the growing demand for secure storage from key local and international players in the wine market.
2013Bordeaux City Bond relocates to a new 3000m² facility on the Blanquefort industrial park, an ideal location with direct access to the motorway network, and less than 20 minutes from the Bordeaux Mérignac freight handling centre.The team expands from 3 to 8 members.
2014Bordeaux City Bond receives official accreditation to store goods with exemption from excise duty, earning ‘national warehouse’ status.
- Our Governance -
ShareholdersFounded in 2009, Bordeaux City Bond is a simplified joint-stock company (SAS). The majority shareholders are the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) and Vinexpo.The remaining capital is held by leading players in the wine trade, the logistics industry and the banking sector.
- Jean-Claude LASSERRE was the first President of Bordeaux City Bond, and a former Interregional Director for the Customs authorities. In 2009 he played a major role in bringing the vision for Bordeaux City Bond to fruition: a facility dedicated to storing wines and related products destined for export, exempted from all taxes and duties for as long as they remain in the warehouse. In January 2014 Jean- Claude LASSERRE was appointed Honorary President.
- Philippe DUMAND, President of Bordeaux City Bond since January 2014, is director of the company La Chartronnaise and an elected officer of the Bordeaux Chamber of Commerce for the period 2011 – 2015.
- Our Warehouse -
Storage CapacityBordeaux City Bond boasts a total surface area of 3000m², with the capacity to store some 150,000 cases.Wherever possible Bordeaux City Bond makes sure that customers’ cases are stored together in dedicated client spaces.
- Temperature-controlled warehouse: 16° Celsius +/- 2°
- Ultra-high security:
- Surveillance 24h/7 all year round, with CCTV systems inside and outside the warehouse
- Secure loading and checking spaces
- Dedicated handling zone for preparation of shipments
Client ZoneAdministrative offices upstairs, with a large, air-conditioned room ideal for meetings, guided tours with customers, tastings or ceremonies for foreign delegations. This room is equipped with a video-projector and secure Wi-Fi.Schema